Thursday, March 24, 2011
Allergies? What are those?
I'm not sure if you can tell, but my eyes are COMPLETELY blood shot and I have a dry crust forming in and round them (forgive my shiny nose). I look like I've spent the last 5 days smoking marijuana cigarettes. Not the case. I really haven't ever been affected by any allergies per se, but I'm told Nashville is a bowl of allergy soup in the spring that not even the healthiest can avoid. Lots and lots of pollen, rag weed, and hills to trap it all in so it never escapes. It just blows around the bowl. Transplants that have lived here several years tell me that the first year is really bad and then subsequent years really have been fine. However there are other transplants that tell me once they moved here, the allergies not only continued but got worse. Here's to hoping I'm not a member of the latter group. I took a Claritin I bummed off a coworker and trying to not be miserable. I'll tell you, dry dry eyes and computer screen don't mix. Need some of Ben Stein's "dry eyes" Visine. There may be a trip to Walgreens in my future.
In unrelated news, I watched Toy Story 3 last night for the first time. No matter what age you think you're too old for cartoons, watch this one, it's delightful. A complete and wonderful ending to the first two which were also quite good as well. I may have teared up a few times. No laughing.
One of my favorite scenes, Ken modeling for Barbie. Hysterical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kara,
ReplyDeleteHadn't read your blog in a while and thought I should catch up tonight.. once again you made me laugh.. your gift for "telling a story" is like Lori.. One I didn't get. But anyways.. sorry for the allergies.. grrrr... Toy Story 3 is the best.. Shelby loves it. I cry at the end every time.. Hang in there kiddo through the fog and all!
Sorry Riley's account was still up and not mine..
ReplyDelete