This may end up in Matt's homemade card this year.
Nary a one had the words I'd like to say
This isn't a poem, nor limerick, nor sonnet
But a tribute to this day that puts a bee in my bonnet
Don't spend all our pennies, dollars, or savings
Buying chocolates I don't need to end all my cravings
I don't want to make a twelfth trip to the gym
Just to get sick and be ridden with phlegm.
No need for flowers that wilt and get crusted
Or jewelry that's cheap and wears out or gets busted
Maybe some music, maybe some books
Or a discount plastic surgeon to tune up my looks
Honestly dear this holiday is awful
Take me out for a Lebanese falafel
You're great at telling me each day that I 'm special
I need no lace covered something you saw on commercial
Let's sit in our sweats
Buy a few pets
And poo foo Valentines with no regrets.
What do you think? Too over the top? I'm not sure I've ever had a falafel...
Justin Beiber says it best....NOT
Happy stupid Valentines Day.
Kara

Ugh. Justin... he looks like such a girl!
ReplyDeleteI love the poem and hate Valentines Day! Nice work!
Falafels are tasty, in theory. I had a terrible experience with the one I ate. Ask me about it sometime. :)