Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ideas for keeping busy

So Matt is beginning to travel more with his job. If this was occurring say in a small town in Kansas or in Chicago, I wouldn't be writing this post. But we're new (relatively) to Nashville. Thus, we are most often each other's entertainment in the evenings and on the weekends. With him on the road that leaves me to my own devices. I could be sloth-like and worthless as I have been for the last few trips that he has taken. However, that just isn't me. I need to come up with some fun ways to not only keep myself busy but perhaps meet some new folks. That said, I'm compiling a list. Perhaps you could vote on what I should do...

1) Learn to sew (properly). I read a lot of "do it yourself" blogs and these women are incredible seamstresses. Wow. So maybe, just MAYBE I could get a grasp on the sewing side of me that has laid dormant since my days in 4-H. I would probably need a tutor which presents another problem.













2) Crochet/Knitting. I have lots of family members that can whip this stuff out, especially the Matriarch herself, Grandma Giger. Do I have the patience?? I've tried at least 4 times. Perhaps sheer desperation or pure boredom could be just the thing I need.










3) A book club. I know there is one beginning at my church in a few weeks. That's a strong option. I'm big lover of books, however I hate the silence in my house when I'm alone, reading all the time may drive me to drink or insanity or both. Mmm...quite a conundrum.









4) A pottery or art class? Really? The problem with taking classes is that it only occupies certain times of the week where I go to a location and do something fun. I still have to come home to a place with  no such equipment and ipso facto...we are still bored. Moving on.










5) Paint? Draw? You should see my stick figures.














Honestly people, I'm open for suggestions.

Kara

4 comments:

  1. Wait, no, Netflix movies featuring BBC miniseries'. You could work on your accent. I'd find you way more interesting and attractive if you could nail that down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend drinking.......in my living room :)

    ReplyDelete