So there's a website that sells these....
A coined phrase by none other than the Brits. I want a big bright one framed and in my bedroom. A constant reminder to chill out. I've been battling exhaustion from the holidays, Matt and I were going 110% for over a month and I am just spent. I finally got back into my gym routine this week and feel better about myself. I am eating better and holiday pounds are going away thankfully. And yet, the exhaustion and irritability remains. I've been short with Matt for no reason other than my pure need to gorge on caramel corn, mashed potatoes, and salty fatty sugary sweets since that's what my body has lived on for awhile now. It's like I'm detoxing. Guess you didn't' know you'd be living with a drug addict eh honey? Thank goodness the grocery store is out of egg nogg.
We took down our Christmas decorations. Sad. I can't come up with anything to decorate my mantle with and so it sits, bare and exposed. Everything feels a bit colder now...or is that another withdrawal symptom? Not sure. Perhaps mixed with the detox I am suffering from post Christmas partem depression. Just another reminder that there is no reason for the dreary cold weather now other than...it's winter time. Christmastime has a better ring to it. However, I am glad to be back to a regular routine. There are no real reasons to celebrate until February. No, not Valentines Day, my BIRTHDAY. Although getting older doesn't have the same appeal that it did 10 years ago. Boo. Can you pick up the polarity of my writing right now? There's another diagnosis, Bipolar I disorder. I am a Christmas food addict/post Christmas partem depression/Bipolar nightmare right now. Who wants to give Matt a break and move in until this passes or I get a prescription for something strong enough to turn me into a Stepford wife? Any takers? I usually keep my writhing on the floor and foaming at the mouth to around a 2 minute fit and only in the evenings while I watch food network and the cravings hit. No big deal.
And so I chant this mantra. Keep Calm and Carry On. Keep Calm and Carry On. Try it, or buy the poster.
Gnarled and Nasty in Nashville,
Kara

Gnarled and nasty eh? Welcome to the club! Love you!
ReplyDeleteBeen there done that! It might be genetic??? You write it so comically so it makes others smile. Sorry we rely on your writhing and foaming at the mouth to make us smile. Love you niece!
ReplyDelete